PROPERTY DETAILS


PROPERTY DESCRIPTION

Historic Building in the center of Utopia it is the third oldest building in town. Built in 1887-1888 this was part of a 5 acre homestead established by MD Hughes. Mr. Hughes ran an apothecary in the front two rooms, lived in the rest of the house. Bought by MC Boyce and his wife in 1905, the front rooms were rented out to children of ranchers who attended school in Utopia. After the house passed to their daughter in the 1950's, the Main Street addition was moved from the Harper Ranch North of Utopia to the property. This expanded the boarding house. The house was sold out of the family, but was returned in 1980 when grandson Everette Boyce inherited it. Everette and Katherine renovated the front rooms and bathroom into offices. They operated Boyce Realty out of the offices for 38 years, retiring this Spring. The addition has been mainly used for storage. The great room and other rooms have been rented for boarders, gift shops, businesses. The building does need renovations, but has many features worth preserving. In addition to the 2 store rooms, 2 office rooms, and half bath, there is a great room, kitchen area, front bedroom, what was a half bath, and a small back room. A new survey to determine exact lot size will be needed. Owner financing is available.


Property Map / Directions

Hwy 187 North and Lee Street


Property Contact

Call us at 210-415-9850, email us at info@texaslandandranch.net or use the contact form below.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Similar Properties